It's so easy for a wedding budget to get out of hand. Fortunately, we have the magnificent David Tutera here to help us out:
Weddings can become costly very quickly. Therefore, creating a budget is one of the first things you should do when you begin planning for the big day in order to stay on track. As you are creating this budget, believe it or not, it is also important to know your credit score because a good score is crucial when having big life events like having a wedding. My rule of thumb: There’s no need to spend a ton of money to have an elegant wedding; you just have to spend wisely. Before making any financial commitments to a dress, a caterer, even a venue, it’s important to first plot out how you will pay for the wedding as a whole. What good is it to have a beautiful dream wedding gown…and no reception to show it off at?
Budget Tips for Floral & Décor
- Opt for flowers that are in season to save on cost. Also, instead of cutting back on the number of florals, cut back on the number of kinds of florals. Using any one in abundance – from hydrangea to sunflowers or even branches, all of which will make a great impact throughout the space.
- Simply reuse your ceremony flowers at your reception. You can work with your florist to handle moving them over from your ceremony location and repositioning them at the reception space.
- Don’t underestimate the power of the glow. Candles, candles, candles! Even tealights in abundance are a great way to create a romantic, elegant ambiance while cutting costs on floral. Whether arranged in clusters, in squares or used to line your ceremony alter, stairs or venue window sills for an amazing look!
- For most receptions, the tabletops will take up the majority of the visual space in the room, but elaborate linen rentals can add up quick! You can save a fortune here by sticking with the standard white or cream option your caterer most likely has and adding only a unique overlay or runner instead.
- Choose a location that requires minimal décor and can stand alone as the beautiful backdrop of your celebration, like a garden or beach. Mother Nature can take the credit here!
Click here to continue reading about budget tips for your dress, vendors and menu!
Being budget friendly also means spending a fair amount of time tracking all payments to your vendors and venue. To help keep track of all your payments, so you don't miss one of the many installments that are due on random/forgettable dates, tell all your vendors to check out the payment scheduling and tracking features on EventCompass. You will receive payment reminders and can pay your vendor using any device--even your phone. Eliminate late fees and earn those lovely credit card points towards your honeymoon with the free EventCompass payment system!
Make sure to check out our additional posts that discuss staying on budget without sacrificing style. Also, don't forget to pass along this helpful information by clicking on the "share button" below to share this post to your social media accounts.
For more helpful tips and everything events, please check blog.eventcompass.co daily!
EventCompass: Professional Event Planning Tools That Save You Time